Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ella has a boyfriend (kind of)

I'm pretty sure if Caillou was a real person, he'd be Ella's boyfriend. She LOVES the show and will sit as still as a statue from start to finish. Nothing else can keep her that focused. Nothing. I must admit that I'm okay with her infatuation.
(Mostly because he's not real.)
He teaches her to help people, to share, to be patient, to have an imagination, etc etc.... Really, he's pretty much parenting her. Ha! No but really, it's a such a cute show and I'm so glad that she would rather watch it than D0ra or any other number of things on tv.
In the last several weeks, I've learned to reward her good behavior at school with allowing her to watch Caillou before quiet time. It works like a charm! She has been doing so much better listening and obeying... I couldn't be more proud of her! Each day, I dote on her like crazy to let her know how proud we are of her for making good choices.
Love that girl to pieces!
Oh, a quick story from this morning... Mattie was in tears because she wanted me to hold her. I couldn't because I don't have 3 arms... and I was getting dressed. Ella to the rescue! She got out some of her own toys for little sister to play with and then told me that she "wiped Mattie's tears away." Melt my heart!

No comments: