Have I mentioned lately that my baby is already 6 months old? Time has been flying by for us and I'm still in shock that Mattie is already in the second half of her first year. Within the past couple of weeks, I've realized that she will soon be a "big girl" like her sister so I'm rocking her a few minutes longer, hugging her just a little tighter and cherishing each tiny little moment more than I did the day before.
Soon, she won't be a baby.... and I'm not ready for that!
Mattie is 6 months old and loves to get into everything. She's been crawling since 5 1/2 months and hasn't stopped since. When she sees something she wants to explore, she can get there as fast as the rest of us. If I leave the room just long enough to switch the laundry, she'll be on the opposite side of the room that I left her. And most likely, she's trying to climb on something.
Now that Mattie is pulling up, I'm on pins and needles. She seems so little and I just can't believe that she's already trying to do "big girl" things.
She loves food! The only thing that Mattie hasn't enjoyed was a jar of peaches that she tried last night. Everything else she has gobbled down and wanted more. (Including: peas, carrots, apples, pears, squash and banana puffs.) We will soon be switching from one "meal" a day to two and I know that will make her a very happy girl.
Mattie loves to smile and her babbling is such a precious sound. She doesn't talk often, but when she does, it's so sweet and makes me stop what I'm doing so I can listen to what she has to say. The look on her face when she "tells" us something is so sincere and serious.
Mattie is wearing size 3 diapers, and anywhere form 6 to 9 month clothing.
We absolutely love this girl. I find Ella playing on the floor with her quite often and she still loves to smother her with kisses and hugs. Daddy loves to teach her new things. He often reads to her and tells her about everything around us. I love to snuggle with her (when she lets me), but my favorite thing right now is laying on the floor and letting her crawl all over me. It gets her so excited and her laugh is priceless.
Happy 6 months sweet girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment