Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sassy Pants Goes to School

Today was Ella's first day at Sonshine School for the 2011-12 year. She was so excited about it. Last night we painted her nails and picked our her clothes. She was heartbroken that she couldn't get dressed and go to school right then. Just imagine, tears streaming down her face. I was a little heartbroken for her too.... but then I couldn't help laughing at how cute she was.

This morning she was dressed and ready 45 minutes prior to us leaving. She wore her backpack for the majority of that time around the house and kept trying to convince me that it was time to go. Ella definitely wins my vote for most enthusiastic.

And as I expected, she had a great day. She ate all of her lunch, was in a happy mood and didn't take a nap. This little girl loves school and was thrilled to see all of her friends again. Here's to a great school year Ella!

2 comments:

Erin said...

How come she didn't go last Thursday?

Maria said...

We scheduled vacation without looking at the school calendar. And guess what I discovered a few days ago? Both girls will miss picture day at SSS because of another trip. Mom of the Year award does not go to me. ;)