Thursday, August 4, 2011

Two and a half

Ever since Ella was a baby, she’s been full of personality. I would say that hasn’t changed one bit. She still loves to have fun and stay busy. Lately, her days are filled with coloring, playing dress up, singing and dancing. A true girly girl. :)

IMG_9474

She loves to help. Anytime mommy is in the kitchen, Ella has her step stool in there and trying to help. If daddy is fixing something, Ella stands close by to hand him tools in a moments notice. If Mattie is crying, Ella runs over and tries to give her a paci and often tells her “It’s ok baby Mattie.”

Her vocabulary continues to grow rapidly. She does a great job of saying “I, me, my, we, he, she" in the right context. If we tell her what an object is, she won’t forget. In fact, she will frequently remind us what things are.

Potty training is over in my opinion. She rarely has an accident, but still can’t get the hang of consistently having a dry pull up during naptime or bedtime. I’ve read that could take awhile for kids, so we aren’t pushing it right now. We are just thrilled that we can leave the house without fear of something happening. And, we have even stopped rewarding her with M&Ms afterwards. Yay!

She has a new favorite toy every day. Lately, she has been playing with baby dolls and stuffed animals. She plays “mommy” a lot. I frequently see her swaddle them up and put them in Mattie’s swing or in her bumbo and gives them baby toys to play with.

We may have hard days with Ella and her search for independence, but the good days definitely outweigh the bad. Her Bible school teachers tell us that she is a great listener and follows direction well. She says please and thank you and is such a caring little girl.

I’m always grateful for her happy-go-lucky attitude. She teaches us to stop and smell the roses and constantly makes us laugh. God has blessed us tremendously.

1 comment:

Michelle T said...

Sweet Ella! I love that girl :)