Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It feels as if I'm a first time mom.

Mattie loves to roll from her back to her tummy. Ever since she figured how, as soon as she gets placed on her back, she'll roll on over. Even while swaddled. And asleep.

I'm freaking out.

Of course if we put her to bed on her back and not swaddled, she'll wake herself up in a matter of seconds with her arms flailing all around and then she'll do the roll. And she has to have her paci of course. So if she doesn't have it, she'll bury her face into her mattress trying to find it.

I'm freaking out.

And if she does have her paci, she'll still try to sleep face down. At least she sort of rests her forehead on her hand, but I can't tell if she's able to breathe that way or not. (Ella eventually started sleeping that way when she was little... but not at 3 months!) So, we try to force her to keep her head turned.... which she doesn't seem to appreciate.

I'm freaking out.
And tired.

I was up 5 times between 2-5 am today because she would make noises looking for her paci. So, I'd go in and give her the paci and then calm her down back to sleep. With that said, I better finish my Dr. Pepper/Coke so that I can try to stay awake and get some work done.

All advice welcome.

2 comments:

Brook said...

Jacee has slept on her tummy since week 1. She will not sleep any other way, she is about 2 or 3 weeks behind Mattie. Her neck was strong enough to move if she needed to, so I am sure Mattie will fix it if she is uncomfortable. As for the paci, we always used Adlee's taggie to help keep it in. J doesn't use one so we haven't battled that this time around.

Brin said...

Rylee's been sleeping on her tummy since about 3 months too. Our doctor said that if she's strong enough to roll over when she wants to, then we shouldn't worry about it. She slept with a paci too and she's been fine. Don't stress about it! She's going to be just fine!