Monday, July 11, 2011

Welcome to my jungle

Disclaimer: I know that my front flower beds look like a jungle. Thankfully, there are no lions, tigers or bears.

IMG_9277 IMG_9279

These pictures are my motivation to get out of debt. I so badly want to makeover our flower beds. I want to raise them by adding some rock walls and then filling them with lots of plants that will give color throughout all four seasons. Unfortunately, that project wouldn’t be free (or cheap for that matter). We aren’t swimming in bills, but we’ve decided that we should wait until we can use cash.

I’m very proud that we made this decision because it’s the responsible thing to do. It’s hard decision for me because really… I’m completely embarrassed by the way it looks. Every time I pull up my driveway, I imagine that all our neighbors shake their heads at us for being an eye sore.

Until we can fix it up, we’re killing the weeds. Hopefully it won’t take us too long to be able to complete this project, but I’m also telling myself that we might not do anything until Spring. Who wants to do a flowerbed in the winter months? Not me.

If you have any ideas or plants that you absolutely love, let me know! I'll be doing lots of research to find the perfect flowers and shrubs that I won’t kill. :) And don’t worry, I’ll share an after picture…. whenever that might be.

No comments: