Dear Ella, I'm writing this post so that when you have children of your own, we can look back and you can shake your head and apologize for your early childhood and I can laugh at your payback. :)
At the age of 28 months, you are as stubborn and strong willed as humanly possible. (Don't get me wrong, you are sweet and loving and a big helper too.) But let me first tell you about your stubborness. Anything that we do throughout the day could cause a meltdown. Mainly because you want to do it yourself.... climb into your carseat, wash your hands, what hairstyle to have, etc. I love your independence, but sometimes it's a tad overwhelming. I tell myself to take a deep breath and recite the Fruits of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control) because after all, your dad and I want you to grow up and be an independent, strong woman.
Bedtime is a huge struggle these days. Let me repeat, bedtime is a huge struggle these days. You get out of bed multiple times immediately after we put you to bed and tell us "Ella's awake." I'm still trying to figure out away to stop the madness. Hopefully, we figure it out before you leave for college.... but really, hopefully it'll be before the month ends.
You are starting to want to cuddle a tad more than in the past. We love this. Although you rarely slow down, it's nice to have those sweet moments with you. You give great hugs and kisses and hardly ever tell us "no" when we ask for those.
Right now, we're working on your listening skills. You love to listen and follow directions.... only when you want to. Needless to say, we're buckling down and you're spending a lot more time in time-out lately. I'm quickly learning that follow through truly is important.
We love you to pieces and are so grateful for you. You might wear us out, but you are amazing and I wouldn't trade you in for anything.
XOXO, Momma
1 comment:
This sounds a lot like Haylie. So you're telling me it doesn't get easier?? :)
Post a Comment