Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I’m turning into my mother

When I was growing up my mom always drove a Dodge Caravan. Always is no exaggeration. In fact, she still drives one.

I decided that I would never drive a mini-van. Never.

I should’ve known better than to say never because we welcomed this beauty into our family last week. (And yes, it’s a Dodge Caravan.)

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT on New Smyrna Beach, Florida, one of the few public beaches in the world that one can drive on (at low tide, of course). Photo (c) Bill Roebuck Picture source.

We love it. And we love all of the room in it!! I’m still in shock that I have a mini-van, but each day I discover something new that I love about it.

I guess turning into my mother isn’t a bad thing. Love you mom!

3 comments:

Team Andrews said...

YAY! We need to take a road trip in that thing or camp out in it or something (without the kids of course!)

Kelly T said...

Welcome to the soccer-mom club!! We bought a Toyota Sienna back in April, and I LOVE it, even though I also swore up and down that I would N-E-V-E-R drive a mini-van. You eat many words as a mommy, that's for sure.

Kelly said...

I was in my 20s when I got our first mini-van...and absolutely LOVED it!! Good for you!!