Saturday, April 10, 2010

Maybe I Can Keep These Alive

I haven’t had much luck keeping a garden alive over the past few years. It’s just so easy to forget to water them every single day. Now that our house has a sprinkler system, I can’t use that excuse anymore. Today I planted a few flowers to brighten up our flower beds for the summer.

I can’t wait to see them grow and fill out some more. I’m not a fan of the “just planted” look.

Several marigolds got planted along our walkway. Not all the way, just at the beginning. I may go back and add another row… but I’m not sure.

IMG_4552

Geraniums are so cute! I planted three on each side of my front step. I’m really hoping that they grow up and out because they’ll look gorgeous if they turn out how I’m imagining!

IMG_4549

Next weekend I think we may start on our vegetable garden. I’ve been trying to convince Matt ever since we’ve had a house that we should plant a garden. This will be the year!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

We still haven't done our gardening! Urgh!! But it is HIGH on the list! Phil has always wanted to have a fruit & veggie garden. He hasn't sold me on it yet!

*Crystal* said...

Those flowers look beautiful! I started planting and gardening last week. I love the satisfaction it brings me knowing I'm growing my familys veggies plus the flowers always brighten my day. Good luck with your veggies garden! Keep us updated.