Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What did Ella do on her birthday?

IMG_4142

For breakfast she enjoyed some cheerios, a couple pear slices, scrambled eggs and a glass of milk. Yum!

IMG_4145

After breakfast, she got busy in the playroom. I was in the living room when I realized that she was being super quiet. Upon investigating, I found her sitting behind her bedroom door reading.

IMG_4149

Surprise, surprise. Ella found a magazine and had fun ripping it up. She was enjoying herself until she started eating the magazine. That’s when momma took it away from her. Lots of tears followed this picture.

IMG_4151

After she calmed down, I built some block towers for her to knock over.

IMG_4153

She decided she had played enough with the blocks because she started picking up on her own. I was so proud! I hadn’t seen her pick-up her toys before. Woohoo!

IMG_4157

After so much birthday excitement, she had a long, late afternoon nap. I love watching her sleep.

When Ella woke up from her nap, our friend Cynthia was there to take some birthday pictures. She got several cute shots of Ella in her birthday dress and I can’t wait to post them when I get them from Cynthia next week.

During this time, Ella got her birthday gift from Momma and Daddy--- her very own soft and comfy chair! Matt brought it around the corner (unwrapped of course) and Ella actually said “Oooooh!” We died laughing. She was so excited about that gift!

Cynthia had also brought Ella a birthday gift. Some clothes and a new baby doll. Ella was so excited when she saw the doll. She wanted it opened up right away and as soon as I gave it to her, she started hugging it and giving it kisses. So sweet!

IMG_4162

When Daddy got home from work we enjoyed some chocolate cupcakes. Ella’s favorite part was the icing. Her second favorite thing was that she had a plate to play with. Don’t let the icing on her face fool you. Daddy had a little fun getting her to enjoy the dessert!

I think that Ella had an enjoyable first birthday! I can’t believe it’s already over and I can’t wait to celebrate with her friends this weekend and our family next weekend. Oh, and I only cried once yesterday…. right before I went to bed. The reality that her first birthday was over hit me hard. I officially no longer have a baby… she is now a toddler that loves to walk, talk and definitely knows how to put a smile on my face!

3 comments:

Kelly T said...

Happy, happy birthday, sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ella!

Jacob and Amy Hall said...

Sound like she had a fun day! Still can not believe that time went by SO fast! Happy Birthday sweet baby Ella!