Monday, November 2, 2009

9 Months

Another month has come and gone. Ella is now 9 months old and out of the “baby” stage.

She is a crawling machine. We can blink and she’s on the other side of the room. She loves to be on the move and prefers to be down on the floor rather than being held or in her bouncer. We are glad that she is learning to become more independent, but it’s bittersweet that she isn’t the itty, bitty baby we used to hold for hours at a time. Now that she has mastered crawling, she has discovered the art of pulling herself up. This weekend we lowered her crib after she learned she could pull up on it. She tries to pull up using people’s legs, the barstools and even the edge of the bathtub. Nothing is stopping this girl, but Momma and Daddy are now more nervous than ever. I can imagine many bumps and bruises in the near future.

IMG_3305 IMG_3300

Ella has a top tooth that is oh-so close to coming through the gums. We can see it and know that it’ll be here in the next day or so.

IMG_3309 IMG_3290

She is wearing 12 month clothing and size 3 diapers.

Ella continues to babble a lot. She always has something to say and luckily doesn’t get frustrated that we can’t understand her at all. She now recognizes Matt as Dada, and her favorite “word” continues to be Baba. We continue to practice other words with her, but no luck yet.

Her favorite game is to play peek-a-boo. You can cover her face with a hat or a blanket and she goes wild. She breaks out in hysterical laughing that is infectious to say the least. A new game that we just started yesterday was the game of chase. I’ll crawl after her saying “I’m going to get you” and she goes full force ahead. Every few feet she’ll glance over her shoulder to check on me and then break out in laughter. I love it!

She has her 9 month well check-up next week, so I’ll post measurements then.

2 comments:

Melaina Roseberry said...

Maria, she is such a doll! I remember playing that same game with my girls and they loved it, time sure does fly.

Michelle said...

She is so beautiful! Miss you all :)