Sunday, October 4, 2009

8 Months

Ella is now 8-months-old and we love this age! She loves to play, explore her surroundings and doesn't want to miss out on anything. As previously noted, Ella still continues to be a very happy baby and loves to smile! At this age, Ella is...
  • quickly outgrowing her 9-month sized clothing and is in some 12-month things.
  • not a fan of wearing shoes. She curls her toes under and makes it a battle to put shoes on her feet.
  • eating 3 meals a day. Breakfast is cereal and fruit, lunch is meat and veggies/fruit, & dinner is veggies and fruit. As you can see... fruit is her favorite!
  • going to bed at 8:30 every night and wakes up between 7 and 8 am.
  • constantly on all fours. She is so close to crawling! We think it's only a matter of days.
  • falling asleep with her small blankie and paci. She now doesn't fight bedtime! Yay!
  • constantly moving. She is always rolling around and doesn't like to stay still for too long. Even changing a diaper has gotten challenging.
  • weighing 20 lbs! We went to the doctor earlier in the week for a check-up on an ear infection she had, so she officially weighs in at 20 lbs.
  • still not saying any "real" words. Ella talks a lot, but it's all just mumbles and noises.
  • loving making sounds. Luckily she's moved on from blowing bubbles with her lips to making noise and running her arm up and down across her mouth.
  • still loving school and seeing other kiddos her age!
  • wearing size 3 diapers.

I always think I forget something, but I think that those are most of the highlights.


Ella was reading books before this picture was taken. Whenever she sees the camera, she stops what she's doing to ham it up. So funny!

She loves her animals. The giraffe is her favorite... we've even named her Georgia. Ella will smile from ear-to-ear and give her kisses almost daily.

She has such a big smile and lights up any room.
Ella, your dad and I are head-over-heels in love with you. You've been a huge blessing to our lives and we are proud to be your parents. I'm sure that we'll make plenty of mistakes along the way, but bear with us.... we're trying to raise you to be a lady with strong values and as a daughter of God. Keep being your happy self and spreading your love! Love, Momma

2 comments:

Michelle T said...

I love her, I love her, I love her! I can not wait to see her!!! She is adorable and getting to be such a big girl!

Celice said...

Your little Ella is so CUTE! We had a great time going to dinner when you guys were here too. Let us know when you're in town again - and we have a guest room if you ever need a place to stay!