This morning at church is a story to definitely remember.
Ella woke up at 8 am and we were out the door at 8:15. We arrived to service just as the congregation was finishing up the openning song of the morning. Ella was definitely ready for a bottle, so Matt (being the great dad that he is) held and fed her. Everything was going perfectly... that is until she finished the bottle.
Matt was trying to burp her one last time and the next thing we knew.... there was a waterfall coming from Ella's mouth. No joke. It was like Niagra Falls. (Okay, I've never been there, but I've seen pictures.)
Luckily, we were on the 2nd to back row, so not everybody had to witness the "show." There were only a couple people on the row behind us that saw a thing, however the row in front of us heard the gush of liquid hit the floor. (Yes, it was really that bad.)
Again, I need to note that Matt is a great dad. Really. Only a great dad could hold his composure after getting soaking wet. It was all over his shirt, pants, the pew, and Ella herself. We used the 2 burp rags we had with us, plus some wipes to clean up the mess. Gross. Ella had a clothing change right in the pew and did fabulous the rest of the service.
Needless to say, we did not go to class afterwards.
4 comments:
Ahhhh, the joys of early parenthood! Just wait, the messes just get bigger...and more gross! :)
Sorry, I forgot to change my profile above!!
Pretty sure this is every bottle with Will. Well, maybe not EVERY one anymore, but most of them. So not fun.
I just saw that you're in OKC and Kelly Thompson commented on your blog... do you go to Oakcrest? Just curious b/c we used to go there.
Kelly T--No, we go to Memorial Rd. Matt coaches her son's soccer team! Small world!
And Kelly T--(haha... you're both Kelly T.)-- Kelly Thompson--, I'm unable to view your profile to see your blog. :( Email the blog address to Matt. I'd love to read it!
Post a Comment