Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Intro to Solid Foods

Just shy of 5 months, our cupcake has had her first taste of “solid” food. Of course it really was glorified formula on a spoon, but nonetheless, she ate it and seemed to think that it wasn’t so bad. Matt and I were trying to wait as close to 6 months before introducing solid foods, but our little girl has got a big appetite. And when I say big, I mean BIG! She typically eats 8 oz every 3 hours or around 36 to 40 oz a day, so we knew it was time to bring on the “big” girl food. She ate somewhere from 10 to 15 bites of the rice cereal before she decided to be done. This transition to solid foods will be a very slow process, but we couldn’t be more excited about it. In fact, we can hardly believe that it’s time for this step already!

IMG_2389

IMG_2393

I was surprised she didn’t get much messier than how is when she eats from her bottle!

No comments: