Monday, August 25, 2008

Baby Bump

It's been hard for me to decide when to take my first official "baby bump" picture. I didn't want a picture that just made me look fat, but a picture that actually showed my pregnancy belly. I decided to take a picture on Friday to mark that I was finally at 12 weeks! I've been waiting for this day! It's the week when our chances of miscarriage drop dramatically, so now we are able breathe a little easier. Matt still doesnt think that I have a baby bump, so when you look at the picture, please tell him he's wrong. :) Oh, and you can get a glimpse of my maternity jeans...they are so cute! When Matt saw them, he said "I'd wear those even if I wasn't pregnant." Hahaha.... that describes just how comfortable they really are.



Now for an update on my pains. Starting Friday, I was able to move around with little to no pain, and Saturday I was able to contribute around our house by picking up and vacuuming. I do think I overdid it a little bit because before the evening was over, my side and back were cramping up again. I had to turn on my heating pad and have Matt apply pressure to the area. Yesterday was a good day as well, and so far today I haven't even had to plug in my heat pad at work! Yay! I'm in good spirits today and getting more and more excited for this little one. Our baby can now feel us poking at my stomach, so I've spent the past two evenings massaging my stomach in hopes that he or she knows Mommy loves it. Matt has even poked a few times. I can't feel the baby moving around in response to all of the poking yet, but I'm looking forward to those days to come!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yay! Your belly definitely looks like it's getting a baby bump :) I know you're skinnier than that normally. Super cute, and yes, maternity jeans are super comfy! I can't wait to see your belly in person... someday...